Tuesday, August 11, 2020

2020 As Years Go, I Wanna Be Sedated.

I'm back. 

Look at the previous post. It was saved as a draft probably a day or two after the 2018 Grand Final loss. You know the game. My team lost by a few points and have never been the same since. And did you know that I was concussed for the entire game? 

All trivial to what's happening now. 

We are in global pandemic. There is a lockdown and a curfew. We can only go out for an hour a day. Our flat and the walk to the milk bar is our world. It's very quiet. I type this and know that the last time I typed into this blog there were other seemingly important things on my mind. 

But tonight, it all seems silly. 

I think I will type into this blog some more. 

It will be a bit more like it was many years ago. 

Here's the beautiful record/video that got me back into the idea. 

It's about nostalgia and now. Perhaps what this blog has always been about. 

You won't watch it because it's 44 minutes long and 44 minutes is a lot to ask for in a recommendation. 

What is it with recommendations? We're always recommending things? There's not much point in doing it other to propel some of your self to the person you're banging on about the song or show to. 

I had a super villain idea once. The Recommender. Jumps into scene to interrupt whatever is going on, dinner party, tennis game, people kissing on a bridge etc, to recommend the cheese they sell at Aldi. 

Anyway. I'm back.  

No comments: