There's so much going on in this crazy story from Galway, I'll have to tell it in point form.
* Man dressed in latex and handcuffs brings donkey to his hotel room
* Man arrested
* Man charged with cruelty to animals, lewd and offensive behavior
* The charge of wrecking the mini-bar is dropped. Why? The donkey did it.
* Man fined €2,000 for for bringing the donkey to the room under the Unlawful Accommodation of Donkeys Act 1837
* To bring the donkey to the room, man tells hotel reception that his companion wasn't a donkey, instead a breed of "super rabbit" he was taking to a pet fair
* Reception could have been convinced of his story if he didn't sign into the room as Mr Shrek
* Man tells the court he's lonely and suffered from a fixation with the Shrek movies and could constantly be heard at work talking to himself saying things like “Isn’t that right, Donkey?”
* Hotel only called police when "super rabbit" ran amok in corridor
* "Super rabbit" swallowed handcuff keys
Link to original Galway First story.