Monday, October 24, 2005

A Reader Sends In His Latest Catch

I bought a copy of Fish Victoria's new Land Based Fishing Guide to Port Philip and Corio Bays at the fishing show yesterday. If you don't own a boat, it's hard to find honest and current advice to fishing the bay. This does just that, mapping and describing almost all of the bay's many piers, beaches and breakwaters.

Later in the day I fished at Port Melbourne and may or may not have caught a 71cm Barracouta. Met a bloke there who...and I really can't believe this.... goes fishing because its "a great way to pick up chicks."

"See that chick over there? She's one of the hottest chicks in Port Melbourne. Bitch. I was talking to another chick who I had already rooted and she comes right up to me and kissed me on the cheek. Next time I see her I'm with my Dad fishing and she pretends not to know me.

I know her. I remember all of them by their dogs. I know their dogs better than they do. Now the bitch is walking over there with a guy.

Should I go over to her?

Maybe she won't recognise me because I don't have my sunglasses on. She's never seen my eyes. Yeah, I'm going over there. The schmuck she's with won't have a clue what's going on."
At least he was impressed with my fish.

No comments: