Sunday, September 23, 2018

Enjoy The Week: 2018 Grand Final Week Diary. Sunday.

I never thought my life could be
Anything but catastrophe
But suddenly I begin to see
A bit of good luck for me
'Cause I've got a golden ticket
I've got a golden twinkle in my eye
I never had a chance to shine
Never a happy song to sing
But suddenly half the world is mine
What an amazing thing
'Cause I've got a golden ticket

Yes. I got my golden ticket this morning.

Because of my AFL Membership, and much practice in getting the job done, it was quite easy.

Though I wasn't the designated ticket buyer. We split into a two teams to get something like eight tickets. The SMS group made for getting tickets went like a dream. Within ten minutes, everyone in the group got their tickets. The easiest ticket buying operation in my time of going to the footy.

I've had an okay run with grand finals.

1990. Missed out.
2002. Ticket got. Top of the Olympic stand.
2003. Missed out. Had to watch the game at The London Tavern. Awful day all round.
2010. Drawn game. I bought a ticket. Cost a lot.
2010. Replay. Ticket got.
2011. Ticket got.

Each of these times was ridiculously stressful. I'm just happy it's done now and I can enjoy the week.

Back to that 2010 ticket. There was an Age article about high grand final tickets. Here's a quote from it. It's ridiculous.

"Do the maths. One Collingwood fan did. He paid the Western Bulldogs $1100 for such an event, and provided Sporting Life with a picture of what he called his ''$865 breakfast''. With it came a seat in row CC, the top deck of the Ponsford Stand."

Yeah.

That was me.

I was that one Collingwood fan.

117 footy related messages on my phone today.





No comments: