Friday, January 19, 2007

Melbourne Rocks: The Backlash

After two weeks, 55 comments, 367 band name suggestions to this site and a Swedish spin-off, some of us are already tiring of the Melbourne Rocks game.

I was told that a local band were forced to ban playing the game inside the Tarago on their tour to Adelaide earlier in the week. A couple of its members before the tour left some wittier suggestions on this very blog.

But it was longtime reader/first time caller, K-Pants who emailed me early this week claiming the game jumped the shark at Motley Kew.
Bloody hell was just on NWM looking at the comments. You’re all insane. And glad Jones has decided it’s jumped the shark given he is responsible for the most part.

I HATE THE STUPID BAND NAME GAME AND WANT IT TO DIE

kind regards,

K-Pants
Leave a comment below and tell us if you want game to die. Or do you reckon we should spark it off again.... but this time with song names.

I've got a few already.

Nighthawks At Gar-Diner
Girlfriend In Tecoma
A Box Hill Of Letters
Macaulay Your Love On Me
The Greatest Love Of Stawell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Song game is too easy

Back in Blackburn
Hells Bellfield
Whole lotta Rosebud

That is limiting myself solely to AC/DC songs

Beck said...

Its true song names is letting everyone off a little easy, film titles however I think has legs.
That said, k-pants (and yes I think I know you) has a point, and for our own sanity we may have to pull the pin on this game at least publicly - but I don't think anyone can stop it from continuing in secret underground get togethers like Tim Brooke- Taylors scout meetings.
dib dib dib